Hendy Consulting People
Based in London, Hendy Consulting has a global network of consultants covering many areas of display, semiconductor and other high technology markets. Our consultants have a cumulative over 100 years experience of in high technology markets covering roles including:
- CEO and General Manager
- CTO and heads of Research and Development departments
- Marketing Officers
- Heads of Display Strategy
- Senior Strategy Consultants and Engagement managers
We bring together the right balance of skills for our clients on each and every assignment.
Founder and CEO of Hendy Consulting
Ian Hendy was formerly Senior Director of Strategy for Displays for Philips Components, a division of Royal Philips Electronics. He was responsible for advising the divisional management team and corporate management team on display strategies across $9bn of display revenue.
Mr Hendy's display and high technology experience includes:
- Being a member of the core team that established LG.Philips LCD, one of the leaders in the LCD industry. Mr Hendy was responsible for leading the valuation work and much of the thinking on deal structure and governance framework.
- Reporting to the chairman of the board of LG.Philips LCD and reviewing $5bn of capex plans.
- Facilitating the decision to stop PDP within Philips.
- Developing the industrial and partnering strategy for Philips's OLED business in the Components Division.
- Being chosen by Philips and LGE to lead the investigation of a peer to peer merger in the large panel LCD industry managing a team of over 30 contributors.
- Heading the marketing function for the large display (flat panel monitor and TV) LCD business within Philips implementing a segment-based product marketing approach and helping to grow the business from revenues of $250m to $600m within 2 years.
- Facilitating the change process for a Philips division with interests in the following areas: optical storage, wireless connectivity, input devices and thin clients and Automotive and PDA subsystems
- Selling, leading and delivering on many other display and high technology related assignments as CEO of Hendy Consulting.
Mr Hendy received his strategy consulting training from Braxton Associates, the strategy division of Deloitte Consulting. He has an MA from Cambridge University in Mathematics and Japanese and an MBA from Columbia Business School in New York, NY.
Mr Hendy has more recently developed a practice advising Medical Imaging companies on a broad range of issues from organisational development to component strategies and cost reduction.
David Barnes is also Principal and Owner of BizWitz LLC. Mr Barnes previously led the operational valuation for Philips during the formation of LG.Philips LCD. After integrating operations, he provided expert advice to the Philips Board of Management for more than 5 years. After helping take LG.Philips LCD public, Mr Barnes became Vice President of Strategic Analysis at DisplaySearch, where he advised clients on restructuring, funding and operational strategy. During this time, he intermediated successfully with the European Commission on behalf of clients. Mr Barnes continues development of dynamic market models and strategic responses for companies up and down the flat-display supply chain. Mr Barnes has also developed a practice advising materials companies in the displays, lighting, solar and flexible electronics markets. Mr Barnes studied at UC Santa Cruz.